Friday, December 23, 2011

Clinic Day 3: Both teams together in the Mountains of Tapio= 327 patients


    I was so excited today to go to the mountains for clinic, we did not get to see my baby Rachel, as I had hoped…but still it was such a blessed day. The weather was just beautiful, and a cool breeze uplifted us throughout the entire day. Under the large tree we saw the patients.  Hundreds as usual had gathered and were waiting lined up long down the mountain. We carried the tables, chairs and supplies up the mountain. I was so excited to see my little friend, a young boy maybe six years old wearing the same red incredibles shirt I see him wearing every trip. He always stays all day at the clinic helping us unpack and carry our things back down the mountain at the end of clinic. He was excited to see me, his eye lite up, as I gave him a hug, and reminded him of my name. His name is Gregorge.  He has beautiful bright eyes, and such a caring little boy, so helpful, I wonder though he must not be in school.  I was so excited to get a picture with him, and give him a new shirt, which he ran back to his house up the mountain (however I am still thinking he will continue to wear his beloved incredible shirt J ).
When we arrived to clinic they always send the most sickly up first to see us, one woman had brought her sick baby boy, I was not sure why everyone had gathered around him to pray, until I walked over and saw that the baby had a very large hemangioma on the side of his face, that had involved his ear and even his lips. It looked infected around his mouth, and ear, and Dr. Vlad was not sure how long he would make it without surgery, even with antibiotics.  It was so sad to see, but we prayed over him, and pray that the medications heal the infection.
               We also saw one little girl her entire face and lips swollen due to bad allergic reaction, I will not forget her precious face, may the medications heal her as well.  I held many infants that day. We did not have a baby scale so I had to weigh the mom and baby, or myself and the baby and subtract our weights.  There was one baby with severe scabies all over her little body, I was amazed that the baby was sleeping, I could not imagine the itching and discomfort she had to be in.  


                            

No comments:

Post a Comment