Friday, July 29, 2011

Thursday, July 14, 2011- Closing day devotional & thoughts

Team 82 giving Romil, solar-powered MP3 players with gospel recordings in Creole to use to evangelize all across Haiti!!

             **We discussed tonight in devotionals how as these patients try on glasses they are seeing things more clearly than before, seeing the world with new eyes.  We were reminded that this trip has opened our eyes to how the majority of the world lives. We are the minority, in our “pampered” (as pastor Tom put it) lives, and the majority of the world lives in poverty, and face daily struggles of death, violence, or neglect…we need to open our eyes, our minds, our lives to the world to see others with God’s eyes, His love and reach out to the ends of the earth. 
           If you cannot not go on a mission trip, you can still be apart, you can send others who can go, and support there mission.  *I THANK the many people at work and at church that helped me collect items & medications for the Haitian people.  It was a privilege and blessing to be your feet, and I hope to give you a glimpse of the life in Haiti, to the needs of her people, to the precious lives you helped save and touch.  I pray that you will see with new lenses the continued need for prayer for the Haitian people.  About half of the Haitians still practice voodoo, and actually this very week there is a large voodoo festival in the mountains. These people are searching for hope.  *Yet I have seen Hope out pouring from the lives of the doctors, of our Haitian workers, of the First Baptist church in Titanyen, at ‘Mission of Hope’. These people are on fire for the Lord, they give their all to sing praises to the Lord, in beautiful harmony, with hands raised, and hearts outpouring, their gifts, and offerings.  I tell the people every day at clinic that I love them all, and I do, I pray that God would continue to use me to serve the people in Haiti, through medical missions!
                                    
                   ~Tomorrow will be a very difficult day for me as it is the last clinic, and last day to see my dear Haitian doctors, and friends for a while.  I have hope though that I will return.  Dr. Francise was sweet tonight as I sat and helped her and ‘Tam’ clean the medical instruments, we talked and I expressed my sadness for tomorrow. Dr. Francise said though, 'you have to leave so you can return', which is true I have great motivation to continue my training as a physician’s assistant, so I can return to be able to diagnose and treat the patients.  I do though have hopes to return in December to maybe stay at Dr. Merline and Dr. Vlad’s house they are building, with plans for small medical teams to come.  Knowing tomorrow is the last clinic day, I am praying it will not be emotionally sad…. but I would be able to just take in every moment of the blessed day. 
                                       
                ~It will be very sad once NCBM leaves in October, I think of all the staff that are supported here and the many mobile clinic sites that we rent to have our clinics.  We have I think the best team of Christian Haitian docors and workers, and I wish our team could last forever.  They have impacted  thousands of Haitians and American's lives!!  Since the week of July 22nd these are the totals:           
             TOTAL PATIENTS SEEN: 94,534                        TOTAL SALVATIONS: 1,144
                                                                                 
                **This time in my life I will never forget, always remember the people, my forever Haitian friends, the children’s faces, the many blessings I have witnessed from salvations, to births, to treating very seriously ill patients.  I wish this could last longer, and I could stay longer…….








No comments:

Post a Comment